Identify a patient safety or issue on your unit of practice is struggling with, research possible focus areas for your writing
Quality Improvement in Nursing Leadership: Case Study on Strategies to Implement a Successful Universal Protocol and Debriefing for every surgical procedure
This is a multi-week learning experience. I am looking for you to use your investigative techniques to write up a QSEN.
The goal of this project would be for your to have a finished work product that you could share at your place of work for implementation as part of patient safety initiatives. I want you to be working with your quality assurance person, your physician leadership in the area you select for focus, as well as your peers and nursing leadership to create a meaningful dialogue to problems solve or resolve a specific issue.
Steps to follow:
1. Research QSEN, understand what it means, how it was started and what is currently the focus of the group.
2. Decide what you would like to focus on as your QSEN project for your unit. Submit your idea / statement of research to me for approval before your proceed. (DUE DATE for topic is no later than Nov 3)
3. Identify a patient safety or issue on your unit of practice is struggling with, research possible focus areas for your writing
– You may use the fishbone diagram to help you organize your thoughts ( not required but if you do one please include in your submission as an appendix)
– Meet the people in your organization that are involved with your focal area
– review the resources online to help you write the paper
-review the actual paper format so you understand what is needed as a final project BEFORE you start writing and at the beginning of the project. Use the sample papers to help guide your formatting and structure.