A Critical & reflective analysis of an experience of Mental Health Nursing decision making.
A CRITICAL & REFLECTIVE ANALYSIS OF AN EXPERIENCE OF MENTAL HEALTH NURSING DECISION MAKING
June 12, 2019 Off All,
Clarification for Assignment.
A Critical & reflective analysis of an experience of Mental Health Nursing decision making. > Drawn from your own practice <
This essay offers an opportunity to identify a Complex Care Incident in practice and reflect on it at a significant levels.
You need to consider;
· Theory, Research & Policy
· Multiple perspectives… which must include; Service User and Carers perspective
· Identify a decision that was made from your own practice.
This means something you were directly involved in or where you were an observer.
· This is the decision that was made.
· This is the process that was gone through.
· These are the various views/factors that were fused together to come to the decision.
Include Users & Carers in the identification of the Multiple perspectives.
Identifying the competing demands of the decision making process
· Scrutinise the process of decision making.
· What was the context of the decision making process?
The focus needs to be the process of reaching a decision, NOT the repercussion of the decision made.
Reflecting on tutorials, clarifying the issue to be focussed on… Considering, what is the Decision that was made that I will focus on.
Be aware, presenting such a complex decision where poor practice or Safeguarding / Whistleblowing may be required, as this will lead into a much longer complicated assignment.
A useful way to address this assignment would be to imagine that you are a qualified nurse and the CQC came to visit and asked why a certain decision was made as regards User care.