Nurses Role in Pediatric setting
Choose one (1) of the case studies below. Your Assessment will be written in academic essay format with an introduction, body and conclusion according to APA Guidelines.?Using evidence specific to your chosen case study, address the following two (2) points:
1. Describe the pathophysiology of the presenting complaint in the case study. (300-500 words) ?
2. Evaluation of the nurse’s role to deliver developmentally appropriate nursing care in relation to your ?chosen case study. Address: ? growth and developmental theories, ? ? family centred care and, ? ? the effects of hospitalisation of the child, on the child and family. ?(1100-1300 words) ? Case Study: Anne is a 10 year old girl who has presented to the emergency department in the local hospital with right iliac fossa pain. On further assessment by the emergency registrar, appendicitis is suspected.?The surgical team agree that the signs and symptoms are associated with appendicitis and take Anne to theatre for an appendectomy. The handover on return to the ward is that the surgical team found a gangrenous perforated appendix with peritonitis. Anne has returned to the ward with a nasogastric tube in situ on free drainage, morphine PCA, IV therapy and triple IV antibiotics.?Due to the severity of the infection and the potential complications, Anne will need to remain in hospital for 10 days of IV antibiotics and pain management. Anne is the oldest of five children and her parents own and run an Indian restaurant in the city.
1. demonstrated an advanced, clear and concise cellular level descriptor of the scientific principles and pathophysiology of the presenting complaint in the scenario. (Pathophysiology Content )
2. Exceptionally clear and concise descriptor and applicability of the relevant growth and development principles related to the scenario is critically discussed and demonstrated. (Growth and development Content )
3. An advanced, clear, defined and critical descriptor of the principles of family-centred care and its importance and applicability in a paediatric setting is demonstrated (Family-centred care Content )
4. An advanced, clear, defined and critical descriptor of the effects of hospitalisation on the child and family unit and applicability in a paediatric setting is demonstrated. (Hospitalised child and family Content )
5. The essay demonstrates breadth of reading and considerable depth of critical thinking and evaluation of the research. All arguments are supported by higher order evidence based articles and sources. (Critical thinking, analysis and synthesis of evidence )