Grading Guide: Experience Paper
PSY/215 Version 1
This assignment is due in Week Three.
· Identifies the search criterion.
· Identifies the opportunities found.
· Describes what the student can contribute towards the organization.
· Describes how volunteering can aid in gaining experience in the specified area of interest.
· Identifies additional opportunities to gain experience in the specified field.
Organization and Development
· The paper is 1,400 to 1,750 words in length.
· The paper is clear and organized; major points are supported by details, examples, or analysis.
· The tone aligns with the assignment’s purpose and is geared toward the appropriate audience.
· The paper provides relevant and sufficient background on the topic.
· The paper is logical, flows, and reviews the major points.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.
Mechanics and Format
· The assignment file is presentable and functional.
· Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed; spelling is correct.
· The paper—including the title page, reference page, tables, and any appendices—is consistent with APA guidelines.
Additional Comments: Total Earned
Copyright © 2014 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.