Explain how nursing’s philosophical foundations influence your nursing practice and provides at least two specific examples.
What is your philosophy when it comes to nursing?
What is your philosophy when it comes to nursing? Which aspects of your philosophy do you think reflect the philosophical influences that have shaped the profession and are likely shared by other nurses? Which aspects of your philosophy reflect your personal values, beliefs, experiences, and unique perspective? How is your philosophy demonstrated through your practice?
This Assignment provides an opportunity for you to examine your philosophy of nursing within the context of the information presented this week.
Review the information presented in the Learning Resources with your own philosophy of nursing in mind. Focus on any new insights you gained from the readings and how they influence your philosophy.
Reflect on how philosophy influences scientific approaches or knowledge development in nursing.
Examine how positivism and post-positivism have influenced approaches to nursing science (including research methods) and nursing practice. Conduct additional research as necessary using credible websites and the Walden library.
Write a 6- to 7-page APA paper with a minimum of 5 references from the list of required readings below that include the level one headings as numbered below:
1) Introduction (must end with a purpose statement e.g. “the purpose of this paper is…”)
2) Articulates your philosophy of nursing identifying the philosophical influences and summarizing how this week’s readings influenced your views/beliefs.
3) Explain how nursing’s philosophical foundations influence your nursing practice and provides at least two specific examples.
4) Answers the question: What is the relationship between philosophy and knowledge development? How is this evidenced in your nursing philosophy or practice?
5) Outlines how positivism and post-positivism influences approaches to nursing science (including research methods) and nursing practice as well as your own personal philosophy.
6) Conclusion (Summary of the paper)