Nursing Theory and Conceptual
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
Nursing theories are tested and systematic ways to implement nursing practice. Select a nursing theory and its conceptual model. Prepare a 10-15 slide PowerPoint in which you describe the nursing theory and its conceptual model and demonstrate its application in nursing practice. Include the following:
1. Present an overview of the nursing theory. Provide evidence that demonstrates support for the model’s efficacy in nursing practice. Explain how the theory proves the conceptual model.
2. Explain how the nursing theory incorporates the four metaparadigm concepts.
3. Provide three evidence-based examples that demonstrate how the nursing theory supports nursing practice. Provide support and rationale for each.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
1. Dynamics in Nursing: Art and Science of Professional Practice
Read Chapter 3 in Dynamics in Nursing: Art and Science of Professional Practice.
1. Creating a More Highly Qualified Nursing Workforce
Read “Creating a More Highly Qualified Nursing Workforce,” by Rosseter (2015), located on the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) website.
2. Initial Course Survey
In an effort for continuous improvement, Grand Canyon University would like you to take this opportunity to provide feedback about your experience with the university. Your participation is appreciated.
3. Scope of Practice
Read “Scope of Practice,” located on the American Nurses Association (ANA) website.
4. The Impact of Education on Nursing Practice
Read “The Impact of Education on Nursing Practice,” by Rosseter (2017), located on the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) website.
5. What Is Nursing?
Read “What is Nursing,” located on the American Nurses Association (ANA) website.