FAMILY HEALTH ASSESSMENT.
1. Family composition.
Type of family, age, gender and racial/ethnic composition of the family.
Family is Cuban. Dad is 68, Mother 66, one older brother 40, I am first born Cuban American 32 y/o.
2. Roles of each family member. Who is the leader in the family? Who is the primary provider? Is there any other provider?
Father is a full time worker head of the family. Provides mostly for the household. Would say he has been “leader of the family” he is oldest of three brothers. Other than him I am also a provider to the household in helping him when I can.
3. Do family members have any existing physical or psychological conditions that are affecting family function?
No. Everyone is in good physical condition and psychological.
4. Home (physical condition) and external environment; living situation (this must include financial information). How the family support itself.
All members of the family work.
For example; working parents, children or any other member
5. How adequately have individual family members accomplished age-appropriate developmental tasks?
6. Do individual family member’s developmental states create stress in the family?
7. What developmental stage is the family in? How well has the family achieve the task of this and previous developmental stages?
8. Any family history of genetic predisposition to disease?
9. Immunization status of the family?
10. Any child or adolescent experiencing problems
11. Hospital admission of any family member and how it is handled by the other members?
12. What are the typical modes of family communication? It is affective? Why?
13. How are decisions make in the family?
14. Is there evidence of violence within the family? What forms of discipline are use?
15. How well the family deals with crisis?
16. What cultural and religious factors influence the family health and social status?
17. What are the family goals?
18. Identify any external or internal sources of support that are available?
19. Is there evidence of role conflict? Role overload?
20. Does the family have an emergency plan to deal with family crisis, disasters?
Identify 3 nursing diagnosis and develop a short plan of care using the nursing process.
Please present a summary of your assessment in an APA format on a 12 Arial font, word document attached to the forum in the discussion tab of the blackboard title “family assessment” Please use at least 3 scholarly evidence-based practice references besides the class textbook to sustain your assessment. A minimum of 1000 words are required, excluding the first and reference page
If you have any questions, please contact me via e-mail as soon as possible.