Assessment guidelines for Politics of health
Within this assignment you need to:
– Explore the meaning of Policy in relation to this assignment.
Present a definition of policy and discuss the meaning of policy in the context of health.
– Explore the political ideology underpinning the policy ie. was it influenced by Conservative, Labour or Liberal Democrats.
E.g. was it influenced by liberalism, socialism, neoliberalism etc. including some evidence of what are some of the key elements in the policy document that indicates to you that this was from a particular ideological perspective.
– What is the impact on your chosen client group ie. population/patient/clients?
E.g Obesity, diabetes, stroke, mental, child poverty, ill health etc. (Please note this could be populations or specific diseases)
A clear identification of the chosen client group
– Undertake a critical analysis of the impact of the policy on the health of the identified group/groups including how this policy is viewed by other groups and interest groups and consider the implications this will have on nursing practice with your chosen client group. For example how the policy document is viewed by academic commentators. The critical analysis must be reflected throughout the entire essay, not just in selected sections of your paper.
– In conclusion, draw together the salient issues discussed in your assignment
Please write in the third person – Example: Both teachers and students agree that third-person writing produces essays of greater academic rigour
Explore the meaning of policy in relation to this assignment.