Which of the methods of research control described in this chapter were used to control confounding variables?
This question applies to Nursing Research> Chegg server will not allow me to attach pdf. file or microsoft document of this article but it is free to access on PubMed websitewww.chegg.com say: image upload error image url unavailable in media service response
Read the methods and results sections of the report by Kim et al., (Dietary approaches to stop hypertension). Answer the following questions:
Kim, H., Song, H., Han, H., Kim, K. B., & Kim, M. T. (2013, Nov/Dec). Translation and validation of the dietary approaches to stop hypertension for koreans intervention. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 28(6), 514-523. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/JCN.0b013e318262c0c1
1) Is the design for this study experimental, quasi-experimental, or non-experimental?
2) What were the independent and dependent variables in this study?
3) Was randomization used? What was the unit of randomization?
4) Which of the methods of research control described in this chapter were used to control confounding variables?
5) Could history be a threat to the internal validity of this study?
6) Was there any attrition in this study?
7) Could mortality have been a threat to internal validity?
8) Could the threat of maturation be relevant in this study?
9) Is this study strong in internal validity? What, if any, are the threats to internal validity of this study?
10) Is this study strong in construct validity? What, if any, are the threats to the construct validity of this study?
11) Is this study strong on external validity? What, if any, are the threats to the external validity of this study?