Article Critique. Choose a current nursing peer-reviewed article (published in the past five years).
Article Critique. Choose a current nursing peer-reviewed article (published in the past five years). Please chose an article from cinahl or PubMed within the last 5 years and write a research article critique. Please write about each bullet point and do Not miss a bullet point please.
The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate a research article from a methodology perspective. Please follow all bullet points below
• Identify the purpose statement
• Identify the population of interest
• Identify the study variables
• Classify study variables as Correlational, Independent, Dependent, or Extraneous; Classify level of measurement of study variables
• Identify the Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria and the resulting sample element (subject)
• Identify the operationalized population of interest and critique validity
• Describe the sampling method used and classify it. (Ex. convenience, random or nonrandom, etc.) Discuss the appropriateness and limitations of the sampling method#
• Identify the study design and time perspective
• Analyze the usefulness/completeness/clarity of the methods section. (Do you understand what was done in the study? Are there problems with it?)
• Summarize and analyze the results including basic statistics. (How were the study findings reported? Were summary statistics reported appropriately and extraneous variables addressed and “controlled”? How clear was the reporting?)
• Analyze the discussion. Was it in keeping with the reporting of the finding? Were positive and negative findings discussed? Was power discussed? Was it appropriate?
• Summarize the author’s conclusion. What they think, not what you think.
• Give your informed and reasoned opinion about the conclusion of the research. Would you recommend any changes in patient care or nursing practice as a result of this study?
• Summarize the Research